Some holds on your record will prevent the release of a transcript. Transcript orders from current or former students with unmet obligations to the University will be cancelled. You will be notified by email and your credit card will not be charged.
Yes - when placing your transcript order, select a transcript type of “Pick-up.” When you receive notification that your order is complete, you may pick up your transcript in person on the 1st floor at 246 Church Street. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. You will need photo ID.
This pick-up location is only valid for transcripts issued by Yale College, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and Yale Summer Session.
After the transcript order is received, it is generally processed within two business days, and then sent by your chosen method of delivery.
Depending on the location and time of year, standard mail can take two to four weeks to arrive at the final destination.
Online transcript orders require payment by credit card. Payment for the full amount of a transcript order must be received before the order can be processed.
- E-transcript (secure PDF) – no additional delivery charge
- Hold for pick-up - no additional delivery charge
- Standard mail via the U.S. Postal Service – additional $2.50 per transcript
- International mail via the U.S. Postal Service – additional $5.00 per transcript
- Fed Ex Delivery: Domestic - additional $30.00 per transcript
- Fed Ex Delivery: International Priority - additional $55.00 per transcript
Note: Overnight delivery is not available to all international locations due to customs regulations.
The charge is $8 per transcript for Yale College, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and Yale Summer Session. If you want a transcript sent by USPS or Express Delivery, additional charges apply.