If you plan to submit your dissertation by March 16, for the May 2020 degree conferral, the University Registrar’s Office is offering alternative submission options in light of Yale’s response to the spread of COVID-19. The dissertation submission deadline remains 4 p.m. on Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Students may submit their dissertation manuscript and the accompanying forms (listed below) to the Dissertation office at 246 Church Street.
- Students may utilize the services of Yale Printing & Publishing Services (YPPS) or Tyco to print and deliver their dissertation manuscripts to our office. Students choosing this option should place an order with YPPS at https://ypps.yale.edu/student-needs or contact Tyco at 203-777-8926. Request delivery to the Dissertation Office at 246 Church Street no later than 4:00 p.m. on March 16th. If you choose to use this service, email the accompanying forms as listed below.
- Students may use any overnight shipping courier that guarantees delivery by the March 16, 4:00 p.m. deadline and provides tracking information. Include a hard copy of your manuscript and the accompanying forms listed below. Address your shipment to:
Yale University Registrar’s Office
Attention: Dissertation Office
246 Church Street, 3rd Floor
New Haven, CT 06510
The following forms must accompany your dissertation manuscript in hard copy if you submit in person or if you send the manuscript by courier. Students who opt to have their dissertation printed and delivered by YPPS or Tyco must email the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on March 16th.
- Dissertation Submission and Degree Petition Form with $20 binding fee. The $20.00 binding fee will be charged to your Bursar account.
- ProQuest ETD Publication Agreement You pay the microfilm fee directly to ProQuest. Submit the Details page and the Payment Confirmation pages with your manuscript.
- Survey of Earned Doctorates Select a survey from the list marked “questionnaires” based on the expected date of your degree.
- Graduate School Exit Survey
If you have questions about submitting your dissertation, the Dissertation Office is available to help. To speak to someone in our office, call 203-432-0461.