If you plan to submit your dissertation by for the December 2020 degree conferral, the following process must be followed. All dissertations must be delivered to the Dissertation Office by 4 p.m. on Thursday, October 1, 2020. *NO IN-PERSON SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
1. The unbound dissertation manuscript and the accompanying forms (item 2) must be delivered to the Dissertation office at 246 Church Street. No in person submissions will be accepted.
- Students may utilize the services of Yale Printing & Publishing Services (YPPS) https://ypps.yale.edu/student-needs or Tyco (203-777-8926) to print and deliver their dissertation manuscripts to our office. Request delivery to the Dissertation Office at 246 Church Street no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 1st. If you choose to use this service, email the accompanying forms as listed below.
- Students may use any overnight shipping courier that guarantees delivery by the October 1, 4:00 p.m. deadline and provides tracking information. Include a hard copy of your manuscript and the accompanying forms listed below. Address your shipment to:
Yale University Registrar’s Office
Attention: Dissertation Office
246 Church Street, 3rd Floor
New Haven, CT 06510
2. A pdf copy of the dissertation along with the required forms (item 3) must be emailed to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on October 1st.
3. Required forms:
- Dissertation Submission and Degree Petition Form with $20 binding fee. The $20.00 binding fee will be charged to your Bursar account.
- ProQuest ETD Publication Agreement You pay the microfilm fee directly to ProQuest. Submit the Details page and the Payment Confirmation pages with your manuscript.
- Survey of Earned Doctorates Select a survey from the list marked “questionnaires” based on the expected date of your degree.
- Graduate School Exit Survey
If you have questions about submitting your dissertation, the Dissertation Office is available to help. To speak to someone in our office, call 203-432-0461.