Note: several departments run a selection process for limited-enrollment courses outside of Preference Selection. If you are interested in a limited-enrollment course that does not appear below, check the course’s “Class Notes” field in YCS, the course’s expanded description in Canvas, or the relevant department website for more information. If you cannot find the information you seek, email the instructor.
NOTE: Several language courses use Preference Selection in both April and/or August.
Preference Selection (Fall 2022)
Note that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers.
Preference Selection opens on Monday, April 4 at 8:00 a.m.
Preference Selection closes on Wednesday, April 6 at 5:00 p.m.
Decisions will be available by Monday, April 11 by 5:00 p.m.
- Preference Selection for First-year Seminars will be held in August. Information to follow.
- Preference Selection for Chemistry courses will open in August.
- CHNS 110, Elementary Modern Chinese I
- CHNS 112, Elementary Modern Chinese for Heritage Speakers
- CHNS 130, Intermediate Modern Chinese I
- CHNS 132, Intermediate Modern Chinese for Heritage Speakers
- CHNS 150, Advanced Modern Chinese I
- CHNS 152, Advanced Modern Chinese for Heritage Speakers
- CHNS 158, Advanced Modern Chinese III
Economics seminars are only open to seniors majoring in Economics. Seniors will receive a registration link directly from the Economics department.
Information about applying to English courses that are not listed here may be found on the English Department website or on Canvas.
- Preference Selection for ENGL 114 and ENGL 115, for first-year students only, will be held in August. Information to follow
- English Creative Writing Courses: See the English department website for a list of courses that require the submission of an application by noon on April 11.
- Foundational Courses, ENGL 125, 126, 127, and 128 (for current and prospective majors)
- Senior Seminars
- FREN 110, Elementary and Intermediate French I
- FREN 121, Intermediate French
- FREN 130, Intermediate and Advanced French I
- FREN 140, Intermediate and Advanced French II
- FREN 150, Advanced Language Practice
- GMAN 110, 120, 130, 140, Elementary and Intermediate Language Courses
- GMAN 152, 162, Advanced Language & Culture Courses
History of Science, Medicine, and Public Health
- Preregistration for Science, Medicine, and Public Health seminars is only open to HSHM majors. Majors will receive a regisration link directly from the department.
- Math courses are not included in April preference selection. During registration, sections are open to everyone who has placement in the course(s).