Note: several departments run a selection process for limited-enrollment courses outside of Preference Selection. If you are interested in a limited-enrollment course that does not appear below, check the course’s “Class Notes” field in YCS, the course’s expanded description in Canvas, or the relevant department website for more information. If you cannot find the information you seek, email the instructor.
Preference Selection (Fall 2021)
Note that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers.
Preference Selection opens on Monday, August 16 at 9:00 a.m.
Preference Selection closes on Friday, August 20 at 5:00 p.m.
Decisions will be available by Wednesday, August 25 by 5:00 p.m.
For more information abut the First-Year Seminar Program, see the program’s website. A list of seminars offered in fall 2021 is available in Yale Course Search. Click “First Year Seminar” under Yale College Attributes for a list of all first-year seminars.
- Apply to a First-Year Seminar
- CHEM 104, Chemistry of Food and Cooking
- CHEM 161, General Chemistry I
- CHEM 163, Advanced General Chemistry I
- CHEM 165, General Chemistry II
- CHEM 174, Organic Chemistry for First Year Students I
- CHEM 220, Organic Chemistry
- CHEM 230, Organic Chemistry for Biological Pathways
- CHEM 328, Physical Chemistry with Applications in the Biological Sciences
- CHEM 332, Physical Chemistry with Applications in the Physical Sciences
- CHEM 134L, General Chemistry Laboratory I
- CHEM 136L, General Chemistry Laboratory II
- CHEM 222L, Laboratory for Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 330L, Laboratory for Physical Chemistry I
- CHNS 110, Elementary Modern Chinese I
- CHNS 112, Elementary Modern Chinese for Heritage Speakers
- CHNS 130, Intermediate Modern Chinese I
- CHNS 132, Intermediate Modern Chinese for Heritage Speakers
- CHNS 150, Advanced Modern Chinese I
- CHNS 152, Advanced Modern Chinese for Heritage Speakers
- ECON 108, Quantitative Foundations of Microeconomics
- ECON 110, An Introduction to Mircroeconomic Analysis
- ECON 111, An Introduction to Macroeconomic Analysis
Information about applying to English courses that are not listed here may be found on the English Department website or on Canvas.
- ENGL 114 & 115, Writing and Literature Seminars
- FREN 110, Elementary and Intermediate French I
- FREN 121, Elementary and Intermediate French II
- FREN 130, Intermediate and Advanced French I
- FREN 140, Intermediate and Advanced French II
- FREN 150, Advanced Language Practice
- GMAN 110, 12, 130, Elementary and Intermediate Language Courses
- GMAN 152, 162, 177, Advanced Language & Culture Courses
- ITAL 110, 130, Elementary Italian I & Intermediate Italian I
- MATH 110, Introduction to Functions and Calculus I
- MATH 112, Calculus of Functions of One Variable I
- MATH 115, Calculus of Functions of One Variable II
- MATH 116, Mathematicl Models in the Biosciences I: Calculus Techniques
- MATH 120, Calculus of Functions of Several Variables
- SPAN 110, Elementary Spanish I
- SPAN 120, Elementary Spanish II
- SPAN 130, Intermediate Spanish I
- SPAN 140, Intermediate Spanish II
Economics, English, and Physics with later start and end dates
Preference Selection opens on Monday, August 30 at 9:00 a.m.
Preference Selection closes on Thursday, September 2 at 9:00 a.m.
Decisions will be available by Friday, September 3 by 11:00 a.m.
- ECON 115, Introductory Microeconomics
- ECON 116, Introductory Macroeconomics
- ECON 117, Introduction to Data Analysis and Econometrics
- ECON 121, Intermediate Microeconomics
- ECON 122, Intermediate Macroeconomics
- ECON 159, Game Theory
- PHYS 165L, General Physics Laboratory
- PHYS 205L, Modern Physical Measurement
- PHYS 206L, Modern Physicial Measurement